Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Paper dolls on Parade










A beautiful paper doll set by the artist Gladys Rourke Blackwood.  This original book is by Saalfield, dated 1940 in Roman numerals.  It has three dolls, Sue, Ann, Pat and Pam and 8 pages of clothing (two for each doll).  I will be busy for the next few days and may not post for a while.

Description:vintage paper doll set
Name:  Paper dolls on Parade Date: 1940 Publisher: Saalfield
Artist:Gladys Rourke Blackwood
Format:scanned set
Condition: uncut original

Ratings: Out of 10
Base: 8 lovely girls, slightly strange poses
Clothing: 9 nice range of outfits, very cute dresses
Accessories: 8 hats and a few other items
Cover:  8 red and blue, with white illustrations
Color: 9 good range of colors
Shading/Texture: 9 nice patterns and detail
Overall:8.5 of 10

5 comments:

  1. Terrific! I have this one cut up, incomplete. What a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was there ever a child version of the 1940s paper dolls “Pat Pam Sue Ann”? My mother is 84 and losing her memory, but she thinks she had a set of paper dolls as a girl, that were children, maybe even babies that were named “Pat Pam Sue Ann”. i am sure the names are right, because she named my sister and I after them, Patricia Ann & Pamela Sue, but I cannot find a child version of Paper dolls with those names, all I find are the young lady “models” thanks for your help! Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely story. Thank you for sharing. I dont think there is a kids variation of this set.

      Delete
    2. What a lovely story. Thank you for sharing. I dont think there is a kids variation of this set.

      Delete
  3. Was there ever a version of “Pat Pam Sue Ann” paper dolls where they were children?

    ReplyDelete